It’s a process, okay?

You may also like...

7 Responses

1. Caroline says:

Yay! I love it when gardeners post pictures of their baby gardens when they’re just starting out. Gardens are like babies — sweet little toddlers who, in a few short years, shock you by doing stuff like graduating from college. I’ll be one of the lucky ones to be able to say “and I knew it when it was just a mess of 4 inch pots in a mound of dirt” when your garden reaches its full, glorious potential.

• Sue says:

I can’t wait for that! I am encouraged that the new beds from last year have come a long way. There is hope!

2. Pam/Digging says:

It IS a process, which is half the fun. I love that you show the reality of starting a garden. I’ll be back to watch it grow with you.

• Sue says:

Thank you for the kind thoughts. It is kind of unfair to only show the established gardens, not that I have any! I hope to look back at these photos with with the incredulous eye of a parent, wondering how the kids were ever this small.

3. dixie says:

Hooray! I love it! I finished my expanded butterfly/ hummingbird garden last weekend, but I have been negligent in posting images. I also only buy cheap 4″ pots when they are available. I splurge on bigger ones only when smaller is not an option.

Mine is in the front yard to eliminate the fence need, but the veggie garden in the back has an ugly fence around it. Also, I finally started a compost and Sherman has been trying to get in it all week.

Did I give you a variegated agave? If not, do you want one the next time I see you?

• Sue says:

Your butterfly garden looks really pretty, though. Maybe it is the fence that I hate so much, but I think yours has less bare ground as well. My dogs love the compost, I have no idea how they manage to get into it but they do.

You did give me one for my birthday last year! It is in my front garden, along with the spine-free cactus. Thank you!

4. Cheryl says:

It looks great! I only buy 4″ pots as well…I enjoy watching them grow…that’s the point.